Wednesday, July 24, 2013

In-flight beauty!

airplane
Photo Credit

Hey, everyone! I just got back home from a trip to visit some relatives abroad. It wasn't a crazily long flight - it was around six to seven hours - but it wasn't short and it was overnight. I don't know about all of you, but whenever I go on airplanes, my skin gets awful. I have combination skin, and all of the problems with my skin get emphasized even more when I fly. My T-zone gets super oily while my dry patches get even dryer. Not cute!

While I was applying a face mask (the White Clay Treatment Mask from Salma Hayek's Nuance line for CVS) to try to get my skin back to a decent state, it occurred to me that I could use a flight to pamper my skin instead of letting my skin get damaged and then trying to do damage control. I hardly ever give myself facials or anything like that because I don't have that much time, but on an airplane, I just sit there for hours without doing anything but watch in-flight movies. Why shouldn't I take advantage of that time and turn an airplane into a spa?

Basically, these are my ideas for products to use and things to do on the plane to keep my skin from getting so nasty - and maybe even do it some good!

1. Breath of Fresh Air from LUSH. I haven't tried this product, but I've been meaning to do so and have heard great things about it. Plus, as you guys will know if you've read my review of Lush's Ocean Salt Cleanser, I've been meaning to get more Lush products. This is a refreshing toner that contains nutrients from seawater, which makes it seem perfect for damage control, because it's supposed to hydrate your skin and tighten your pores at the same time. Plus, I love anything that smells like the sea.

2. Drink Up Intensive Face Mask from Origins. Any hydrating face mask will do, really, but I love this one. Nothing sucks the moisture out of your face than a long flight, so I plan to keep my skin hydrated and refreshed with a mask. Of course, I will run the risk of looking like a crazy person, but that's the price of beauty. I would just put a little of this into a travel container so that I don't get busted for having too many liquids in my carry-on luggage.

3. Hand cream. Sometimes airlines will put hand cream and moisturizer in the airplane bathroom, but this isn't a guarantee, so I plan to bring my own hand cream because dry hands are a pet peeve of mine.

4. Moisture goggles from Tranquileyes. Basically, these prevent the dreaded puffiness and dryness under your eyes, keeping you looking bright-eyed despite having been on a red-eye flight. Plus, they seem like they would shut out some light, too, which would make it easier to get some beauty rest, which is always difficult for me on a flight.

5. Popcorn Lip Scrub from LUSH. Another Lush product! I've heard so many amazing things about their lip scrubs. Out of all the products, I'm the most excited to try them because they seem to be one of their most raved about treatments. Anyway, my lips get really chapped and rough and painful on flights, especially long ones, so hopefully this lip treatment will keep them nice and soft.

I'm not sure if I'll do all of these things on my next flight, but I'm definitely going to try to do at least one or two things to keep my skin from getting as gross as it usually does. Do you guys do anything on flights to keep yourselves fresh? Let me know in the comments if you do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment