Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Liebster Award!

Imagine my delight when I woke up this morning to find that Jenna from Northern Beauty nominated me for a Liebster award! Thanks, girl <3 Basically, a Liebster award is a nominated award from Blogger to Blogger. I'm kind of new to Blogger, but I'm going to nominate a couple of people so I can pass this award on! I'll also include the rules to continue the chain. Once again, thanks, Jenna!

1. Why did you start your blog?
I'm a very opinionated person, and I've always loved writing. I've done some blogging before, but those blogs were highly personal and not really meant to be shared with the public. This blog is still personal in a way, but more of a way to share my thoughts to others and build new connections. I was inspired to start blogging by YouTube beauty vloggers/bloggers like Tanya Burr, Essie Button, Elle Fowler, and many more.

2. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
This is a tough question! I guess my favorite thing about myself is that I'm open to new things and experiences.
3. What is your favorite type of fragrance?
Anything that smells like roses smells great to me.
4. What is your favorite blush?
Right now I've been loving Milani's Luminoso, but I just bought MAC's Dainty and I'm really excited to try that out.
5. Who is your style icon?
Ugh. There are so many. I don't really have one person in particular whose style I identify with, but I'm inspired by the style by many ladies, including: Audrey Hepburn, Lana del Rey, Marilyn Monroe, Mila Kunis, Beyonce, Leighton Meester, Lea Michele, Lauren Conrad, and more!

6. Where is your favorite place to shop?
For clothes, I love Forever 21, Topshop, H&M, Charlotte Russe, department stores, and consignment shops like Crossroads. For beauty, I love Sephora and MAC.
7. What's your go-to mascara?
Either L'Oreal's Telescopic or Maybelline's Falsies.
8. What's one piece of advice you would give to your younger self?
Be yourself. You don't need to try so hard for other people. You'll attract the right people for you by just being yourself.
9. What's one of your must-have skincare products?
I love the products from Salma Hayek's line, Nuance. I swear by the walnut body scrub. It leaves your skin so soft and it smells amazing! I like my Lush Ocean Salt Scrub better but I tend to use that when I need to look especially great or when I feel like I need pampering or deep cleansing rather than on a regular basis since it's expensive.
10. What decade/era's fashion inspires you the most?
I'm really into casual, comfortable basics, so my style is mainly modern with a timeless twist. I also love old Hollywood type looks, though, from the 50's and 60's.

My Nominees:
Kimberly from Caffeinated Book Reviewer 

Rules:
1.  Link to the Blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 10 questions given to you by your nominator
(I would like to use the same one's as above)
3. Nominate 10 new bloggers for the award
4. Make up your 10 questions or reuse the 10 from your nominator
5. Leave a comment on your nominee's blogs about their award

0 comments:

Post a Comment