Monday, July 22, 2013

Shade Spotlight: MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Tempting



I just went to MAC and got a few new products, but I already know the one I'll be using the most. MAC's Tempting eyeshadow is one I've had my eye on for a while, and now I finally have it. It's a rich, warm brown shade with a gold lustre finish. The best thing about this shade is that it's very versatile. If you use a light hand, then it can easily be used for the daytime, but it's also easily layered for a smokey eye. My absolute favorite look to do is a neutral, brown smokey eye, so this shade is perfect for me. It can also be worn all over the lid, through the crease, and/or as a liner. It's the perfect eyeshadow for when you want to do a single color look, which is often for me because I'm often in a rush when getting ready.

As always, MAC hits the jackpot when it comes to quality. Not only is the shade itself gorgeous, but the color is very pigmented and the eyeshadow goes on very smoothly. It has a very soft consistency and looks great on the eye. However, I do have to say that this isn't as pigmented as some of my other favorite MAC eyeshadows. However, it certainly is more pigmented than most of the shades you'll find in the drugstore or even most other high-end brands. This perhaps is not the best of MAC's eyeshadows - honestly, I quite prefer Woodwinked, which is also a shimmery brown color, but has a different finish and is more gold - but it is still a great shade and I know that I will be getting a lot of use from it.

If you're on a budget, though, there are some dupes for this shade. If you live in the UK, Sleek is an amazing drugstore brand that has great quality eyeshadows. I don't live there myself, but I do have their original palette. The second shade from the left on the bottom row is an amazing dupe for Tempting. Also, if you have Urban Decay's Naked palette (my absolute favorite eyeshadow palette ever), then Smog is a great dupe for Tempting. Also, for those in the US who are looking for a drugstore dupe for this shade, the crease color in Wet 'n' Wild's Walking on Eggshells trio (which is, incidentally, one of my go-to's for an everyday look) is very similar to Tempting. While these are all great substitutes for this shade, though, I still recommend that you get the original because of the quality and because none of these are exact dupes of this gorgeous shade.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I also LOVE a neutral smokey eye the most too! And I make a lot of use out of colors like this (including that Wet n' wild brand you mentioned). Great review and post!

I see your pretty new to blogging and also wanted to let you know that I do a post on my blog called "Sociable♥Sundays". You send in your info and I feature you in my Sunday post: it's to help new beauty/lifestyle bloggers and Youtubers share their site, gain followers, and connect with others in the community. I hope you'll check it out and consider entering your blog! Here is the link: http://bit.ly/16Am860

Jenna ♥ ♥

Kerry said...

I'm looking for a staple, everyday eye shadow colour now, I'll check this out! :)

www.doseofsprinkle.blogspot.com

Post a Comment