Sunday, July 21, 2013

Review: Lush's Ocean Salt Cleanser



Whenever I pass by Lush in the mall, see pictures of Lush products, or see advertisements for the brand on the Internet, I'm instantly tempted to purchase something, anything, from the store. Not only does the store smell amazing, but their products also have the cutest packaging. That said, their products are on the pricey side, and I usually don't like to spend that much money on scrubs or soaps. I usually buy from the drugstore, since I find that drugstore products usually work just as well as more expensive ones do on my hair and body. However, a couple of months ago, I decided to splurge on my first Lush product, partly to see what all the fuss was about and partly because I am weak. And I have to say, it was worth it.

As you can probably tell from the title of this post, I decided to purchase Lush's Ocean Salt Cleanser, which is a scrub that you can use on your face, body, or both. That in itself is a great reason to buy the product, since you can use the same product for both your face and your body. According to the container, the scrub contains lime, coconut, grapefruit, sea salt, and vodka, among other ingredients. The container also says that this scrub is "for a complexion that glows," which is exactly what I look for when I buy things like this, since I'm obsessed with getting glowing, dewy skin.

I have to say that this scrub does accomplish everything that the package says it does. It feels a little rough on your skin while you're scrubbing it in, and the ocean salt and lime can cause an almost stinging sensation, but I actually kind of like how that feels. It really feels like my pores are being completely cleansed when I use this product. It also feels very refreshing and really wakes me up in the morning, which is great. I haven't yet used the Lush Ocean Salt Cleanser on my face, but when I use it on my body, my skin feels incredibly soft afterwards. It also does make my skin glow like the container says it does. Another great thing about this product is that it smells absolutely amazing - it always makes me feel like I've just stepped off the beach in the best way possible.

The only bad thing I could think of to say about this product is that it is on the pricey side and doesn't have quite as much of the scrub in the container as I would have thought it would, considering the price, but I honestly think that you get what you pay for because of the quality. I certainly have never been able to find something this great in the drugstore. It cleanses more thoroughly than anything else I've ever used, and it also leaves my skin looking and feeling soft and refreshed. I definitely recommend this product to people of all skin types (I have combination skin and it's worked perfectly for me, and I think it will work equally well on oily, normal, and dry skin types). I'm also really looking forward to purchasing more Lush products! If they're all as good as this one, then they're sure to find a loyal customer in me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment